Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A prayer for such a time as this :

O God in Heaven, may I forever be quick to listen and slow to speak. May I seek wisdom above all earthly treasures? Lord, grant me your grace so that I may be strengthened to answer your call to obey. And in my obedience, put my will to death, so that I may surrender "absolutely" to your sovereign plan. For I am Yours and You are mine. There is no cost I could ever repay, for the gift of redemption and salvation that you purchased for me by the cross. 

God, you gave your life to give me mine. And now with this "new life" I give it back to you. Where you go I will go? Where you stay I will stay. May my heart beat in unison with Yours, and may my eyes become your own. For if I am to walk this ancient path, I acknowledge my weakness and utter dependence upon you to fulfill the plans YOU have for me. For when I died to myself by your grace, so to did my plans perish. And in my resurrection, it was Your plans that became my own. Execute them O Lord for your glory! 

As we enter every Tribulation together, may I stand firm in the faith and never forget your promise, "to never leave nor forsake your saints." As I carry my cross, reveal to me the true depth and power of Yours. Let my life be a testimony and a witness to your faithfulness and the power and life that is in Your Son. May it reveal that when a man "abides in You" he can be "raptured" from his circumstances without physically being removed from them. Through my life may others come to find theirs by turning to You in repentance and faith. And may our deliverance be a sign to the world that you are God Most High. Adonai, You are my King, and I will delight in your Law and obey it by Your Grace, while I wait eagerly in hopeful expectation for Your return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment