Tuesday, September 16, 2014

“This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

We read it, perhaps we have sung it in times past, but how many truly believe it.? “Christian” principles and godly teachings have become anathema in many churches as the world with all its glitz and glamour has a tighter grip on far too many within the church today. How many have  settled in, made this world their home and are content in their surroundings?

Oh Lord You know I have no friend like You
If heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore…”

“You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” James 4:4


Seeker friendly, gay friendly, tolerant, adapting communication style to any audience in order to be relevant. “People have real needs that can be met via social media. Fulfill the Great Commission by engaging the culture around you. Forget about GOD and just concentrate on Jesus.” We are told the generation of our day is considered different than the generations before, so pastors and teachers must adjust their message to reach the world.

We must neither be too comfortable in this world, nor too friendly. Keeping ever a watchful eye toward the heavens …

and don’t feel at home in this world anymore.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true Ali, I was JUST thinking on my way home from work this evening how I do not belong to this world. All around us we see many chasing after money, material things, drugs, sex, etc. to fulfill their lustful desires. They keep chasing and yet, true happiness and contentment escapes them. The more treasures they store up on earth, the more dissatisfied they become. This includes many who profess Christ. I think your last line is crucial to God's people - 'don't feel at home in this world anymore'. We need to be heavenly minded, and have our hearts fixed on the eternal, and NOT the temporal. Good post sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be reminded, we're just a passin' through so don't get too comfortable and all tangled up in your stuff.!!!.

    ReplyDelete