Saturday, October 4, 2014

“And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I ~ Send me.” Isaiah 6:8

If we are to become all that our LORD intends us to be, if we are to become His witnesses throughout the world, if we are to rescue the perishing and care for the dying, our focus must be on Jesus. Jesus, The Word, The Son of God, The Name that calms our fears and sets the prisoner [in spirit, in soul or in body] free. We must become burdened for the lost, knowing deep within our heart, that apart from the saving work of the cross, mankind is lost in their sins, without hope, without life, without God.

His Word MUST become life to the hearer and bread for our soul. We must no longer run from conference to conference, from teacher to teacher to glean yet more and more knowledge. We must no longer sit and soak - becoming like the Dead Sea - taking in but never pouring out.

“My gracious Master and my God, assist me to proclaim, to spread through all the earth abroad the honors of Thy Name.”

No comments:

Post a Comment