Saturday, October 25, 2014

“Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.” Psalm 31:24

 
Christian-owned Hands on Originals was asked to print the shirts for the Lexington, KY Pride Festival but politely declined because of the owner’s sincerely held religious beliefs. Instead, he found a printer willing to do the job and for the same price.

Lexington Human Rights Commission Executive Director Raymond Sexton told FoxNews’ Todd Starnes that Christian business owners should leave their faith at home and is recommending that the HRC fine the owner and force him to attend mandatory “diversity training” conducted by the commission.

Liberty Ridge Farms, located in New York, was recently fined $10,000 and ordered to pay two lesbians $1,500 each. That's because the Gifford family, which owns the farm, refused to rent its facilities for a lesbian wedding because of their religious beliefs.

The New York Division of Human Rights found the owners guilty of violating New York's human rights law, in particular public accommodations and sexual orientation.

“For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” Deuteronomy 20:4

“I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but You give us victory over our enemies, You put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise Your Name forever.” Psalm 44:6-8

Perhaps soon each of us will be called to stand strong for/in our faith.

I pray we are ready.

2 comments:

  1. I turned down a request for me to play at a polygamous ceremony ("Irish hand fasting" is what I was told until I asked for explanation). Since I am not a business, and my state has "at will" laws, I had no problem. However, I can see where that will change in the future and I will have to give up playing for weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His admonition that He will keep those in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him is a good word from The Word. It appears things continue to get worse and worse both in America and around the world. Glad you were not "corrected" for your stand, but as you said in the future.......

    ReplyDelete